To my surprise I was nominated for the Liebster Award. I am currently taking part in the Ultimate Blog Challenge and one of the members, the lovely Deb Dutilh from debdutilh.com (all about relationships and communication) has nominated me for this award. You are asked to answer 11 questions, then tell 11 things about yourself and finally nominate another 11 bloggers to ask them 11 questions of your choice. So here it goes:
1. What makes you happy?
The first snow, sunshine after a long dull period, rain after a hot, dry spell and chocolate.
2. What did you dream of being when you grew up? Is that what you’re doing now?
When I grew up I wanted to be a stewardess (I guess that would nowadays be called a flight attendant) but on my first flight in my teens I realised that I get air sick. 😦 So that ended that plan quite abruptly. I now run a small company that provides marketing services to authors and small publishers.
3. Who was your hero when you were growing up?
Pippi Longstocking – I loved how she lived with a horse all by herself and could do whatever she pleased.
4. If you were given an hour to make unlimited purchases in any store, which one would it be?
Oh, to choose only one – difficult. It would have to be a large bookstore with the American Bed Bath and Beyond close second.
5. Which actor would play your role in a block-buster movie about your life?
Not sure about the block-buster bit, but Meg Ryan would be great.
6. What are you reading right now book-wise or magazine wise?
I always have several books on the go, so I always have something to read depending on my mood. At the moment these are: Amelia and the Virgin by Nicky Harlow, Deja Dead by Kathy Reichs and Calico Joe by John Grisham.
7. Where did you grow up?
In Vienna, Austria.
8. What do you love doing on the weekend?
Pottering around the house and garden, going on walks and clay pidgeon shooting.
9. How do you want to spend your next birthday?
Going to good show in London.
10. What’s your favorite way to unwind and relax?
Reading and watching TV.
11. What favorite video or picture would you like to share here?
I would like to share a video I saw on Facebook the other day called Pendulum waves, absolutely amazing:
11 Things about myself
- I was born in Vienna, Austria but now I live in Nottingham, UK. People often ask me “why on earth would you leave Vienna to come and live HERE?” The answer is simple: my hubby is English so we moved here and the people are so much friendlier than back home.
- Until recently I worked as a Professional Organiser but due to the economic climate had to change my focus. Now I’m happily offering marketing services to authors and small publishers.
- One of my greatest achievements is a black belt in Shotokan Karate. I started training at age 38 and 3 1/2 years later I was the very proud owner of the black belt.
- My favourite country is the US of A. I would love to live there, in particular Colorado. It’s got amazing landscapes, a great climate and the people are lovely.
- When I was little my mum always read animal stories to me. A lot of them were really sad so we usually ended up crying together.
- I love sci-fi, in particular Star Trek. The idea of reaching out to the stars and making connections with other life forms out there simply fascinates me.
- A couple of months ago I took an online course in Astrobiology. It’s the study of the origin, evolution, distribution, and future of life in the universe: extraterrestrial life and life on Earth. Absolutely fascinating.
- My favourite food is sushi. I discovered it on a trip to the US many moons ago. I was still living in Vienna at the time and my friends were stunned when I told them about eating raw fish. Thank goodness a few years later the idea took off in Austria as well.
- I’m a bit of a techy geek – I used to teach IT to adults when I first came to England, so I’m basically the IT hotline in my family. As long as nothing goes wrong with the hardware, I’m usually able to help.
- When I was 17 I started writing an Western. I came across it again in a box of things my mum kept for me and now I’m in the process of re-writing it in English and then finishing it. I thought it was quite good when I turned the last page and wanted to know what happens next.
- I’m a big fan of the Harry Potter series as well as the TV series Charmed. Wouldn’t it be cool if magic like that was actually possible?
11 questions to my nominees:
- Imagine you’re 18 years old again and get a do-over. What would you do differently?
- What is your favourite smell?
- An old time favourite: which person, living or dead, would you like as a dinner guest and what would you ask them?
- If you had unlimited amounts of time what would you do?
- Cat or dog – and why?
- What top 3 things are on your bucket list?
- Would you ever bungee jump – why or why not?
- Which was your favourite book as a child?
- What kind of music do you like?
- What would you do if you met your favourite celebrity?
- If you could pick 3 words to describe you, what would they be?
And now my 11 nominees:
- Regina Walker http://perceptionsby1.wordpress.com/
- Michelle Liew http://www.gettinglter.com/
- Chamara Hollingsworth http://expressionsm.wordpress.com/
- Arleen Bradley http://arleenbradley.com/
- Dana Lynn Smith http://www.thesavvybookmarketer.com/
- Anne McDonnell http://www.pewter-rose-press.com/blog/blog.php/
- Linda Ursin http://heksebua.com/linda/
- Nicky Sanders http://theteentoolbox.com/
- Dina Dove http://dinadove.wordpress.com/
- Jacqui Malpass http://jacquimalpass.com/
- Oceana LeBlanc http://goddessoceana.wordpress.com/