Wearing your book *giggle* – no I didn’t mean that literally, as in on your head or similar. 😉 What I was referring to was wearing a piece of clothing, such as a t-shirt with your book cover on it for everyone to see and admire … and hopefully start talking to you about. I’ve mentioned them before, I know, but Vistaprint do good value t-shirts as well as baseball caps and hoodies and a few other items of clothing that you can personalise with your book and some info on the best place to buy it.
Where would you wear this piece of art? Here are some ideas:
- at a race (running or cycling, for everyone to see) – if you’re entering as a team, then the whole team gets to wear the item, of course, including the dog!
- if you’re running a book stall
- at a game or match
- basically anywhere where there are lots of people to see you “wear your book”
The idea is a mixture of being your own walking billboard combined with getting people talking. People enjoy meeting authors, and should you happen to have one of your books on you (and I recommend you do at all times) then you might even be able to sell it there and then and the person can get it signed. Everyone wins. 🙂
Image courtesy of Stuart Miles / FreeDigitalPhotos.net
- Stop traffic with your book (1001bookmarketingideas.wordpress.com)
- OutofPrintClothing.com (girlygirl.typepad.com)